Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Da House!!






I decided to roll by Morehouse's campus today and low and behold it was freshman orientation day. This is the day all of the freshman move on to campus for the first time and move into their dorm rooms. It was a trip, I walked on campus and it smelled the same as I remember it. There were loads of new buildings, the campus seemed totally rearranged, and the freshman guides had on these weird outfits with straw hats and Morehouse polos; but amazingly enough, the vibe was exactly the same. I heard kids arguing about how the hoods where they came from are worse than those in Atlanta and you can see how proud the parents were while seeing their sons off. It was amazing!!! Made me remember how much my college experience influenced the man that I am, Morehouse is it's own, almost unexplainable experience and all of us who have experienced it...know it without words. There's a smell to the place; an old ethereal charge in the air. Dear Old Morehouse!

No comments: