Thursday, June 26, 2008

Floss Scandalous!






I'm back in Brooklyn, well Manhattan at the moment. My trips to LA have always been really really productive. I actually really like LA for what it is. I had a great time kicking it with Sol, Rayzak and Donray. I went to a couple of cool parties and made some outstanding connections. One stand out was a really cool pool party that I went to at fashion designer, Lotta's crib in Hollywood. I had a blast, that party reminded me why folks choose to live in LA.

The reason I flew out to LA was to meet with this famous producer (who shall remain unnamed like a Harry Potter villain) to talk about possibly running his label that he has under Interscope. I have to say; I was really impressed with this dude. For one, I liked him and that's rare for me with music biz types. Second, dude is really really smart, and the new stuff that he is working on is going to surprise folks. He's not making millions producing records for nothing; I got it!! Anyway, we shall see how things progress with our conversations. It's seems like it's going to take a herculean effort to close this dude; cause it seems he has a lot of folks pulling on him. I really like dude and the challenge has me motivated to go after it.

I also had a chance to hang out with a really talented producer named Marshall Altman that we are considering for the Martin Luther project. Marshall was a really warm and thoughtful cat and I'm glad that I met him.

S

1 comment:

jamyla / oyin mama said...

like a harry potter villain.

heh.

;o)