Sunday, June 15, 2008

WONDERFUL!!


Went to DJ Spinna and Bobitto's Wonderful (A Dance Party Tribute to Stevie Wonder) party last night! This party has been running for about 10 years and I think I went to the very first one back then and hadn't been to one since until last year when I went and left early after becoming sick from something I ate earlier that day. Anyway, I'm 38; which isn't that old by today's standards but I always think I'm too old for everything; so I wouldn't normally go to the wonderful party, but my boy Barry Cole gave me tickets for my birthday. Boy am I happy that I went. First of all that party has GROWN; the first on I attended was crowded but there may have been 200 people there; last night they hosted a crowd of over 2000 and it was at the Hammerstein Ballroom. The crowd...was about 65% woman, incredibly gorgeous woman! I was like a 2 headed cat in a fish market. I danced my ass off and had a great time until something incredibly wonderful happened. I heard to crowd scream I looked up on the stage by the DJ's and low and behold the man himself was there. F*cking Stevie Wonder came to the wonderful party and did a freestyle, 5 song, off the top of the dome concert. Get the heck out of here. Every body went crazy!! It was one of those nights that I would been vexed to hear about and not have been there, but I was; thanks to Barry Cole!

No comments: