Friday, May 16, 2008

Brooklyn, England, Japan!!




Publish Post



It is a really dark and dreary day today in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn. It feels like Brixton, London! Even though I prefer the hot weather; I kind of like these kind of days, they force people to be quiet and reflective. Rain is a way of washing away the excess noise; if the traffic and the honking seems quieter. Today has a beautiful stillness to it; I'm working from home today in beautiful rainy Stuyvesant Heights.

I am also excited because I found some of my digital photos from my 2005 Japan trip and a few that I took on my tour of Australia in 2006. I thought I lost all of these when my PC crashed. Turns out I saved 144 of those images on my little cheap point and shoot; I may have lost a lot of my favorites unfortunately; but I will take what I have. I shot a lot of stuff on my medium format pro film cameras as well, and that stuff I have.

Speaking of Japan, I got a call from Nami Higa last night from Highwave Records in Okinawa, who licensed Martin Luther's "Rebel Soul Music," release for the Japanese market. Apparently, Across the Universe is just being released there this summer and there has been a lot of hype. She wants to arrange for Martin to perform in Tokyo around the release of the film in August. That's what's up!! I'm definitely rolling on that trip I miss Japan! Last time I was there I got a good taste of the city and the country side for about 3 weeks. Amazing country! Check out some of my re-found pics.

1 comment:

Fully Grown Brother said...

I love the pics. You lucky dog!! Damn, I can't believe you're going to Japan. I'm hating.