Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful!



Yesterday was my birthday and I am definitely thankful for another year. I am 38 now and closing in on 40 really quickly. Seems kind of weird as it feels like I was just 28, though I would not choose to go back to those times. I was actually older, mentally and spiritually at 28 than now. I also had more cash back then, go figure. Anyway, yesterday I had a wonderful birthday. I am a very social person who seems to easily gain friends; in fact in someways I may have too many folks in my life. But yesterday, I had a day of one on one quality interactions. I had lunch with my new younger brother homie Joel Then at Victors (Victor's is amazing, I highly recommend it for a nice night out) Joel is only 22 years old but he is wise beyond his years and I really respect and love that dude. Then I went to see the new Narnia film with my close friend Michael Wientrob; who actually hurt my feelings, earlier that day, LOL; but redeemed himself by being the only one of my friends to come to the movies with me. I give Michael a hard time all of the time because he's a bit of a lunatic, but I really love that dude. I must say though that the best that thing happened to me yesterday was a phone call that I received unexpectedly from a GIRL. I'm not saying who it was because that's a secret, but I will say that it was the first time that I have talked to this particular crush of mine in about 8 months. We have sent texts to each other back and forth here and there recently; but we haven't actually talked. After hearing her voice again really reinforced my crush. I can't lie, my heart was kind of bugging afterwards, I really miss talking to her. I'm 38 damn years old and I feel like a kid with a crush a huge crush. Anyway, unfortunately she doesn't live in NY (that's a clue for those who know me). I will leave another clue as well. Anyway, I am supposed to have a party on Saturday to celebrate my birthday and Michael's moving back into his studio, why he left is a long and crazy story and getting back in merits a celebration. Oh, by the way; Narnia was hell of long but I really enjoyed it!!

No comments: